Sunday, August 03, 2008

Last night at J's

J is an old friend. He used to work at the same company as I did. Apparently I was his manager for a while (he tells me - forgotten ancient history to me as I get older). Anyway, he asked us over to a deck party held last night. His brother K also was there. I haven't seen him in many years. It was nice to get in touch again. I finally met his wife (also Asian as is mine), and his kids.

J is a musician at heart, and the party was dominated by musician friends of his. These people are really interesting. Many hold day jobs, and they are varied - advertising, radio personalities, BMW mechanic, Tai Chi instructor, etc. They are all really passionate about their music, though. Many, if not all, perform on a regular basis. There are several husband and wife teams. Many are guitar players, as J is. We met a lot of people with different lives than ours, but they were really easy to relate to. Lots of interesting conversations as we got to know people. Apparently we have been missing a lot!

The next time we will see some of them is at the Knowlton River Fest  held in Delaware, NJ, in mid-August. We'll go for the first time this year. Here is a link to a picture of J performing last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment