Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Getting more real by the minute

A guy from my former workplace just came by to collect some of our furniture. He will take it to a church in Pennsylvania. He'll be back next week for the rest. The house is starting to look very bare. There are still boxes around, along with a couple of Esther's favorite pieces of furniture. We will take those with us soon to Chincoteague. The property looks great. We have had minimal misery from the inspections. It looks like maybe sometime early in September we'll get to close the sale.

The other day Esther asked me if I would miss the house. I told her "No" very quickly. Houses are not much fun, other than the life that goes on there. They always need something. I'll miss the kitchen a bit, as will Esther. A lot of bread was baked there. A lot of dinner was prepared there by the family. It has been a great place for sharing and laughing. Other than that, meh! All I require is a good bed and a strong shower. I can be happy with that and a place to play.

2 comments:

  1. Not the sentimental type then. Most people would at least miss the memories attached to the place.
    Maybe it is not quite the same without the furniture.

    Oh well, any chance of a last supper before you move away again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be up for part of this week if you want to get together.

    ReplyDelete