Friday, July 17, 2009

Working in Manhattan

I have been working in Manhattan at the Public Health Laboratory for a while. Along the way to and from work via the PATH train I have been passing through Madison Park. This is a really beautiful park with something for everyone. On a good day it is full of kids, Moms, grandmas, passers-through, dogs, and music. It is located at 23rd Street next to Broadway.


I passed through quite a few times before I noticed that I was walking by the Flatiron Building without ever seeing it. This is a really remarkable piece of architecture with a triangular shape. It's a fairly famous landmark. It is right across the street from the park. Every time I pass I see people taking pictures.


So I thought I would add a couple of my own. It appears quite a bit in the movies and other media. If you are interested, take a look at Wikipedia.


The pointy end offices are apparently much sought-after.

No comments:

Post a Comment