Saturday, November 21, 2009

On the road again

This was day 2 of another road trip to Texas. Day 1 was stressful for Esther, what with me forgetting my ass (really my wallet). It took a few minutes to find it zipped up in my overnight bag. After that it was trying to find each other after my new phone (and navigation device) ran out of power. We were in two cars, ferrying one down to Texas for the youngsters. It seems we go everywhere together now, thus needing only one car. Well, it will work until I get my next motorcycle, anyway. Hmmmm, I'm ready for a cruiser, but no Harleys for me.

Today we arrived west of Atlanta after a short day that began at 4:30 AM. From the room next to ours came the serenade of people getting it on. Squeaks, moans, thumping, bed whacking on the wall - it was all there. It went on for half an hour, after which we both wanted to stand up and applaud. After that I got a bit more sleep, but I don't think Esther did. A short, crappy, hotel "continental" breakfast and we were on our way to a boring drive down US 85.

Getting through Atlanta was a bit bitchy, 6 lanes, 8 lanes, 5 lanes, 8 lanes, finally scrunching down to 3. Things weren't too congested, except for an accident and its attendant rubber neckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment