Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Very strange dream last night

In my dream I saw a guy who I have not seen since about 4th grade. He and his twin brother were sort of bullies, though not focused on me particularly. One of my last memories of the guy was him flipping me over him on the playground in the snow, using judo/jujitsu learned by his Dad in the army. In the dream I recognized the guy and remembered his name. He greeted me by name. He was grown up, roughly around the age of 25 or so. Then the dream was all over.

I think the item below was the culprit (cauliflower and caramelized onion pie). This was taken from a post on Smitten Kitchen, a food blog. My recipe was altered somewhat from the blog by using sour cream, garlic, and cheddar cheese. In the blog it was presented as a tart. When I offered to make it either as a tart or pie my wife told me, "Make it as a pie. I want to have some, too." The pie and brussel sprouts browned in butter made a very nice vegetarian-ish meal.

I think the garlic was the active ingredient. Garlic tends to provide me with very strange and vivid dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Finished dish looks delicious and sure it made the kitchen smell wonderful while baking. What was the taste verdict? This will be on my "to try" list for sure as it's the second time it's been recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great! Dijon mustard spread on the bottom crust was a nice tangy accent to the caramelized onions, cauliflower, and cheese.

    ReplyDelete