Monday, December 13, 2010

While we're on the subject

Verizon called ten minutes ago. "Everything might be recorded for 'quality' purposes," they said. They wanted to cement our marvelous cell phone relationship for another two years and reward me by giving me another one hundred "free" minutes. I really don't come anywhere near my minute allotment on any given month, and asked the young lady if she had actually looked at my account. She said she liked to think of the extra minutes as insurance, so I wouldn't worry about going over on minutes.

I asked if they really wanted to adjust my data plan so it wouldn't be unlimited, but the young lady told me, "No, it would be the same plan." I asked why they were doing this, as it is still about 12 months until I run out of the end of the contract. She told me "We like to do this so we can do more promotions for you. So we can give you 'free' stuff." I told her that I might be interested if they just didn't up the per minute charge when you go over, suggesting that "MAYBE YOU COULD JUST CHARGE THE SAME RATE AS THE PLAN!" I knew it wouldn't do any good (and it didn't), but wanted the drones in charge of reviewing the recordings for sentient life to know there was some out here in the hill country of Texas.

I am guessing that Verizon marketing thinks they are selling to meat puppets. I have been refusing to accept hands up my butt for years.

1 comment:

  1. Yup. same thing has happened to us and we've had the same rfeally old plan for the past 4-5 years. We just refuse to upgrade cause we don't even use the minutes we have now, which aren't many comared to current pricing plans, but also our plan is cheaper - BIG plus for us. ANyway, we keep getting these promos in the mail as well - latest one came today and went into the recycling at the post office.

    ReplyDelete