Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sad but true

We are back in New Jersey now. We were greeted by late flights on the day of return, then by intense rain and wind the next day or two. This is not a good omen. Already I miss Kingston! I miss the sun, warmth, music, family and friends, food, ocean, and mountains (not necessarily in that order).

One nice thing is the reunion with our own family. Pickle came over for a nice birthday restaurant dinner at Fusion. This is a Malaysian-style restaurant which is quite good. Amazing how Flemington has some decent restaurants now. It is also nice to get back together with Heather and Dan. Heather reminded me to get one of our handmade cheeses from the cave this next weekend.

Going back to work is a bit of an ordeal. I will spend Monday working, then travel on Tuesday to Buffalo. Wednesday through most of Friday I will be working in Buffalo. This project is not going smoothly. The resources are not available enough of the time to ensure success. Again I am tempted to bail. I do not like associating with this kind of misery. I do feel some duty to help out; I think the time I am spending is helping. It may not be enough, however. One good thing to come out of it is visits to my Dad on the way up and the way back.

I have projects to jump into back in Kingston. The "Bamboo Jungle" needs to be opened. Apartments need to be built. There needs to be an office for Tif to work from. There is the filming of a music video to watch. There is live music to which to listen. People to meet, lots to learn, and new things to see and do. Where is my heart? Back over there, really. I just need to persuade E to come with me.

1 comment:

  1. So we have finally lost you to Jamaica then. Oh well, maybe we should come and visit when you are back there.
    In the meantime, when you manage to get away from work, maybe we can do dinner, would be nice to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete