Monday, October 19, 2009

A wee bit of Chincoteague drama

Today dawned gorgeous for a change. The dismal rain seems to be over for now. Sun on water, the Assateague lighthouse, and the wildlife reign again. At about 7:30AM a heron landed on the dock, then, under seagull supervision, jumped in the water to go fishing.



Like most Chincoteague visitors he came up with a blue crab. I find them painful to eat, but the heron didn't!



He flew up to the dock to finish his meal, with the suffering seagull right behind.



Then they both decided to take in the warm sun in a very picturesque setting, while I began to stalk them.



I was able to get halfway up the dock without disturbing them.



By then some other contributors had gathered. I believe these little guys were the shotgun subjects of the Chincoteaguers skiffs the other day.



As I turned to go back inside my main subject decided he wasn't "heron" about it anymore and left. The set of the wings is just plain beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. Ah but you make we want to retire already. Keep sharing, nice and thanks.

    ReplyDelete