Monday, December 07, 2009

Austin is unique

This trip we did not get as active in Austin as usual. Dan and Heather were busy with work and school. I had injured my calf muscle trying to dodge a nor'easter wave. We did get out to Chuy's Christmas Parade, though. The parade itself is designed to collect gifts for unfortunate children. The real story is people and animals for me, though.

They come out of the woodwork at every event. I am not sure what it was about this young woman, but she captured my attention.




For sure it wasn't the gums. Check out the pattern on the dress.




There are always dogs around. I loved the personality on this one. It was just biting and shaking its leash with abandon.



While its partner remained quiet and calm...




The horses were dressed with amazing style! This was a fortune in silver (or some other worthwhile shiny metal).



These guys, from separate families, got to know each other in the usual doggy way. I know it also involves butts, but who wants a picture like that?



Keeping warm is a priority for us geezers.



The prize always goes to the kids, though.



This girl knew her picture was being taken and was intrigued with the idea. What a sweet face.


No comments:

Post a Comment