Saturday, June 12, 2010

Slobber dog and the missing readers

Slobber dog is my nickname for the puppy owned by favorite youngest daughter (FYD) and favorite son-in-law (FSIL) . Slobber dog is growing out of puppy-hood, but retains a desire to gnaw on fingers and slobber all over them. It seems like a kind of game to her. Anyway, that's the reason for the name.

FYD and FSIL have a new house where we are staying for a bit as we look for a house in Austin. Slobber dog gets free roam, and also gets outdoors at will via a small door. Sometimes it gets a bit noisy as she pokes her head through the magnetic seal. But it is kind of cute, too.

Anyway, I have been in the habit of leaving my drugstore reading glasses beside the bed when I finish reading myself to sleep. The other day my glasses were missing when I went to bed. Next day FSIL found them out in the yard. I started closing the door during the day to keep Slobber dog out of the room.

Then I forgot again. The glasses again went missing. This time FYD found them at night after our return from the Austin Bikers Ball. The glasses showed up as a pair of reflections out in the yard.

Both times the left temple was bent down at the same, awkward angle. It makes me wonder just what is going on in Slobber dog's head. Probably something like this:

"Hmmm, go upstairs. What's that? Smells like fat guy downstairs. No taste, though. Wanna play outside. Let's take this. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Tired now, ptoohh. Dig now. Bark, bark, bark. Anything inside? Sleep now."

2 comments:

  1. Puppies and small children have lots in common in that both can be frustrating at times, yet lovable at the same time. Will you be posting any photos of slobber-dog (SB)?

    Good luck to you and E on the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete