Saturday, April 03, 2010

Gummint shells out; people park in P-2

Oyster shells cover P-2, just in time for a lot-load of cars. There are no fences yet, but there are a load of "Head-in parking only" signs. I cannot fathom why this is so important here (or anywhere). There seems to be no clear indication anywhere on the net on why this is desirable/safe/anything positive.

Anyway, no parking yet in P's 1, 3, and 4.


P-3 is close, though. The sticky sand is packed down and almost ready for a load of shells. Did I mention that they stink?


Meantime, critters roam the beach day and night.











E asked me about one set of 3-toed bird tracks. I told her "I won't try to gull you." She replied, "It's not your tern, anyway." I said, "Owl get my turn next. Hopefully, you won't mind heron me out."

Despite the fog, there were quite a few people out surfing, walking, picnicking, standing around, and enjoying the air. It's hard to say what this guy was earnestly peering at, though.


I can't imagine getting in the water, but they do.


Tea-time now (3:30 PM) and the fog is still with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment