Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring baby time

I walked around the Wildlife Loop again today with E. As I was walking along I saw a "button" on the road. It looked a little strange so I bent over to look. Soon I was sitting down trying to focus in bright sunlight on the button. This one came out blurry, so it is just for scale.


The children of the "dinosaur" are now out to play in the sunlight.


No bigger than a quarter, this guy had all his snapping turtle parts. E swore his little tiny tail even had serrations like the big one. Personally, I don't see it.


I would not normally pick things up out there, but I didn't want this guy to get squished (or eaten by other beasts). Just yesterday, very near here, we saw a bald eagle carrying a black snake to its babies. Baby snappa' would make a tasty morsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment