Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Evening again

In times of high tide the parking lot is now 10-20 feet from Tom's Cove in spots. This year's storms really made the biggest difference that I have seen in 30 years of coming here.


We haven't spent too much time over on Assateague in the evenings. In summer it can be mosquito-full, if there is no breeze. Right now it is still a bit cool, and there is usually a breeze. We had not realized how pretty things are in the twilight. It's a bit dark for good photos, but I liked this pony wandering across the pool. If you look closely you will see some tags attached to it. How, I don't know. Anyway these are probably signs of veterinary attention, which they get at least once a year before pony penning (and probably more often).


You can see the tags a little better here. This was a good-looking pony.


4 comments:

  1. Late afternoon and early evening shots are wonderful, but I agree that sometimes they can be tricky to photograph. These were very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beatrice. This is exactly where I miss a DSLR (and a tripod).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you switched cameras as you mentioned considering in a previous post? Personally, I enjoy not carrying all the gear associated with SLRs/DSLRs - been there, done that. But I do agree that a DSLR and tripod do make a difference in low-light situations, even though I hardly used my tripods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there are two things driving me in that direction, speed of actually taking the picture when you push the button and low-light performance. I also don't like the lenses and tripod stuff. Most of the time I can get along with the little Olympus, but those two things keep me thinking of DSLR. I have been waiting for the new Canon T2i, which is not available yet in quantity.

    ReplyDelete